Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions (together with the information and policies contained in the "Customer Service" pages on the website and any other documents referred in these terms and conditions) (Terms and Conditions) set out the legal terms that apply to your use of the website on ralphandrusso.com (Website or Site), the purchase of your products from Ralph & Russo Ventures Limited (company number 13460656, VAT number 384 0358 89) whose registered office is at 40 Park Street, Mayfair, London, W1K 2JG ( “Ralph & Russo”, we, us and our).
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time by changing them on the Site, although no such change will affect any order you have already placed with us. Please note that these terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. For more information on your statutory rights, contact your local Trading Standards Office, or Citizens Advice Bureau or the equivalent from your country (if any).
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
If you have any questions regarding the Site, these Terms, or in the unlikely event that you have any complaints about any products purchased by you from the Site you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
You agree that you will not engage in any activities related to this site that are contrary to applicable laws or regulations. You may not use this Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these legal terms. By accessing the Site you warrant and represent to the website that you are legally entitled to do and to make use of the information available on the site.
We reserve the right to only accept orders from those over 18 however.
It is your responsibility to ensure your equipment (computer, laptop, netbook, tablet or other mobile device) meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the Site and is compatible with the Site. We may, from time to time, restrict access to certain features, parts or content of the Site, or the entire Site. Ralph & Russo may deny you access to i platforms at any time in its discretion. Examples of when we may so deny you access include but is not limited to where we believe that your use of the platform is in violation of any of these Terms, any law or the rights of any third party or was not respectful to others.
In order to access some of the services and features that are being made available by Ralph & Russo Site, you will need to register for an account. When you register you are required to provide information about yourself that is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
Here are a few of the benefits you will be able to enjoy by registering with us for a Ralph & Russo account:
- Track your orders and review past purchases
- Request your return or exchange directly from your account
- Build a customised Wish List to create personalised outfits that you can email to friends and family. Plus, you can also print your shopping lists for increased convenience.
- Add sold out items to your Wish List so you can be prioritised and first to know if and when that item is delivered back into stock.
- Save your address and card details so you can shop even quicker next time
- Manage your account details, address book and email preferences
- Be made aware of any private events, or marketing activities that Ralph & Russo are hosting
To create an account, simply click on My Account.then 'Create Account' to fill in your details. The account password you create should be unique and kept secure, and you must notify Ralph & Russo immediately of any breach of security or unauthorised use of your account.
You must ensure that any registration details you provide are accurate. If you choose, or you are provided with, a log-on ID (such as a username and password or other identifier) as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and must not reveal it to anyone else. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your log-on ID and must notify us immediately of any unauthorised use or other security breach of which you become aware.
We reserve the right to disable any log-on ID, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions or if any details you provide for the purposes of registering as a user prove to be false.
If you have forgotten your password, click here to change it or follow the ’Forgot Your Password’ instructions on the Login Page on My Account. For security reasons we are unable to send your password via email.
The Products are owned and sold on the Website by Ralph & Russo. Ralph & Russo attempts to be as accurate as possible in the description of the Products. However, we cannot guarantee that any descriptions are totally accurate, complete, reliable or error-free.
The images of the Products on the Website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we attempt to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the Products.
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect these legal rights.
The Products sold are supplied for your domestic and private use only. You agree that you will not use the Products for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes.
Ralph & Russo Ventures Limited will not accept any liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity in such circumstances.
Ralph & Russo reserve the right to restrict multiple purchase of one style made by the same customer or to be shipped to the same shipping address
Gift Messages. You are responsible for the content of gift messages and we accept no liability for any such content. We reserve the right to refuse to send messages or to discontinue access to the gift message service at any time entirely at our own discretion and without liability to you.
Ordering and availability
In order to make purchases on the Site you will be required to provide your personal details. In particular, you must provide your real name, phone number, e-mail address and other requested information as indicated. Furthermore, you will be required to provide payment details that you represent and warrant are both valid and correct and you confirm that you are the person referred to in the Billing information provided.
Products may be ordered by clicking on the items you wish to purchase and then following the prompts that will appear on-screen. You may check and correct any input errors in your order up until the point at which you submit your order to us by clicking the "Checkout Now" button on the checkout page.
Orders can also be placed by telephone (+4420 3962 2325 ) in English with the Ralph & Russo client team (for details please see our Contact Us section). A member of our Client Services team will ask you to confirm that you wish to place the order. You will be required to provide your personal details to the Client Care Specialist. In particular you must provide your real name, phone number, e-mail address and other requested information as indicated. Card details will be processed using a secured environment for your protection. You also have the right to opt in or out of any marketing activity. Acceptance of your order and the formation of a contract of sale between us and you will not take place unless and until we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.Please note, that whilst we may record the conversation for training purposes, when card details are being exchanged recording will be stopped.
After placing an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order and giving you an order reference number. Please note that this is an acknowledgement that we have received your order but does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to acceptance by us. We are not obliged to accept your order and may, at our discretion, decline to accept any order without any liability to you, unless we are not permitted to do so under statutory law. You do, however, acknowledge that by clicking on the "Checkout Now" button, you enter into an obligation to pay for the Product(s).
Acceptance of your order and the formation of a contract of sale of the Products between us and you will not take place unless and until (i) we have sent you an email confirming that the Products have been dispatched or (ii) in the event that you have elected to collect the Products from a Ralph & Russo boutique (where the service is available), we have sent you an email confirming that the Products are available in the specified Ralph & Russo boutique. ("DISPATCH CONFIRMATION"). Please note that the option to collect in store is only available in certain specified countries and from specified Ralph & Russo boutiques.
The contract between you and us in relation to the Product(s) ordered Contract will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation. After entering into the Contract, we will be under a legal duty to supply you with goods that are in conformity with the Contract. All orders are subject to availability.
We may contact you if we cannot accept your order. We will contact you if (i) the products that you order are out of stock to inform you that we may cancel the whole or part of your order, or alternatively offer a substitution. A substitution will only be made with your prior consent and if a replacement product has a higher price, you will be liable to pay for the difference in price. If we are unable to contact you, we may cancel the whole order or the relevant part of the order and process the remainder of the order at our discretion. (ii) there is a problem with your payment method / have been unable to obtain authorisation for payment, (iii) there has been a pricing or product description error on the website, (iv) we are unable to deliver the products due to local import restrictions or requirements at your delivery destination or (v) you don’t meet our eligibility to order criteria or are in breach of any of the T&Cs or other law.
The Contract will relate only to the Product(s) whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Dispatch Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Product(s) which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such Product(s) has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
By making an offer to purchase merchandise you expressly authorise us to transmit information about you to OUR third parties i.e. couriers, fraud prevention, etc
When placing an order for the first time, you may be offered the option to register with us and will be required to complete certain required fields on an order form. We may provide you with and/or ask you to use identifications and passwords and other means for you to be able to access certain areas of the Platforms, such as the My Account section of the Platforms ("SECURE ACCESS"). Where we do so, it is on the condition that you shall be responsible for ensuring that such Secure Access is kept secure and confidential at all times. You shall comply with all security directions and/or recommendations given by us and inform us immediately if you become aware of or suspect any unauthorised use of the Secure Access or if the Secure Access becomes available to an unauthorised party. Without prejudice to our other rights and remedies, we may suspend your access to the Platforms without liability to you, if in our reasonable opinion, such action is necessary for safeguarding the Platforms.
You will own the goods on and from the later of the point in time when: (a) we receive payment in full, or (b) we deliver the goods to you.
Due to the exclusiveness of some of our products, you will find that some pieces have a maximum cap allowing you to only purchase a certain amount of units in one transaction.
Stock Check & Reservation
We may offer you the ability through the platforms to check the availability of certain products in specified Ralph & Russo boutiques. The functionality will not be available for all Ralph & Russo boutiques and is not available on all platforms. The level of stock availability shown will be updated regularly but it does not guarantee that the product checked will be available when you visit the specified store.
When you place an item into your basket, that item is specifically reserved to you for a time of 60 minutes. In the event of prolonged inactivity in the basket (60 minutes and above) this will cause your selection of goods to be released back into stock. In such case, if you go back to the checkout your selection may not be available anymore.
Pre- Order & Waiting List
The Terms in this Section apply to any purchase of Pre-Order Products (as defined below)
From time to time we may invite you to pre-order selected Products on the Site before they are available to purchase from Ralph & Russo Boutiques or on other platforms ("PRE-ORDER PRODUCTS"). In the event that we do so please note that the delivery options offered on the Platforms shall not apply to orders of Pre-Order Products. Pre-Order Products will be shipped between 4-12 weeks from the date that the order is placed (except for Pre-Order Products that are from the runway collection (a “RUNWAY PRE-ORDER PRODUCT”), which will be shipped between 6-8 months from the date that the order is placed) and the estimated date that the Pre-Order Product will be dispatched to you will be displayed in the checkout process as you submit your order.
You agree that if you order a Pre-Order Product, you will be charged shortly after you place your order and before your item is dispatched. Notwithstanding the foregoing, your credit/debit card account or payment method may reflect the deduction of the purchase price immediately upon placing the order. Please note your order is not confirmed until payment has been taken.
Please note that if you order a Runway Pre-Order Product, the product you receive may vary (including fit, appearance, sizing and composition) from the item displayed on the Platforms. This does not affect your right to cancel or return Runway Pre-Order Products
Occasionally however, we may be waiting for shipments from our manufactures for certain key pieces. Consequently you may from time to time be given the possibility of making an Advance Payment for certain items in which case you are able to make an Advance Purchase. This will ensure that you receive this item in priority once the stock has been delivered to Ralph & Russo. Ralph & Russo will only take Advance Purchase orders for stock that has been scheduled for production. Your rights regarding Advance Purchase are the same as those for any other purchase at Ralph & Russo. Alternatively, you may simply choose to register your email address for notification of arrival of the selected merchandise not held in stock.
Items received into stock may be pre-allocated to satisfy Advance Payment orders and customers making Advance Payments will receive items in priority to customers on the Waiting List or customers ordering through the Site for immediate delivery. Please be aware that we may be unable to deliver selected Advance Payment merchandise due to production problems or quality check issues identified when we receive an order into stock. In these circumstances we will notify you by email and refund the Advance Payment to your credit/debit card within thirty days of being advised that merchandise has become unavailable.
If you have registered your email address for notification of the arrival of a specific product featured on our Site, we will attempt to notify you by email within 48 hours of the product becoming available on the Site. Please be aware that on occasion certain products that are in particularly high demand will sell out during this period.
Ralph & Russo will store a record of your transactions for a minimum of one year.
Your order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in the Dispatch Confirmation or, if no delivery date is specified, then within 30 days after the date of the Dispatch Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
When you have selected your preferred delivery method from those offered for your selected shipping destination and provided your order has been accepted by us, your order shall be processed by us and we will endeavour to dispatch your order within 1-2 working days or as otherwise specified in the checkout process as you submit your order.
Deliveries are made by our trusted couriers and take place on Monday to Saturday (or other normal working week days in countries that do not follow a Western pattern of working week), excluding bank and public holidays, usually within the hours of 8am and 5pm. It is not possible to specify a precise time at which a delivery will take place.
Please note that there are a number of UK postcodes to which we cannot deliver using the F90, SDD, on a next day, Saturday, Yacht, or Private Airport delivery options. Please see Postcode Restrictions. If your delivery address is geographically remote, for example certain outlying islands or other isolated locations, it is possible that we may not be able to deliver there. If that is the case, we will notify you before we accept your order. We reserve the right not to deliver to any country that is prohibited by applicable export laws. Orders cannot be delivered to PO Box or similar addresses. There may be additional restrictions or exclusions in respect to other countries (please refer to the ‘Current Excluded Shipping Territories section below) or of specific addresses in countries to which we ship. These may change from time to time. We shall endeavour to notify you of such restrictions but this may not be possible until we have received your order. Orders received after any “cut off” or “last order” time or received on a day which is not a working day (that is any day on which the banks are open for business in London which is not a Saturday or a Sunday, will be processed on the next working day). Estimated delivery times will be calculated from the date on which the order is placed, unless otherwise specified.
Where you have selected any of the delivery services offered by Ralph & Russo, and your order has been accepted by us, your sole remedy for any failure by Ralph & Russo to dispatch your order in time for delivery within the relevant estimated delivery times for your shipping destination and selected delivery method shall be your right to cancel the relevant order and receive a full refund of any monies paid to us in respect of that order.
Please note that the courier may require deliveries to be signed for.
If the product(S) you are ordering contain certain exotic animal skins or fur, is being shipped from the USA or EU to a region outside of these economic zones, your delivery will take longer (by approximately 2 – 6 weeks on top of the destinations standard delivery time), as we have to obtain licenses (CITE) for the export and import of the products in accordance with international treaties. Certain countries may also require other certification or information in order for your order to be delivered, which again may delay your delivery (by approximately 7 days on top of the destinations standard delivery time). If we are unable to obtain the relevant documentation required for your delivery, we may need to cancel your order. In some instances, you the buyer, may have to purchase specific permits in order for to ship your item and for it to be released from the Customs Unit in your specific jurisdiction.
Please note that certain delivery options will not be available across all our Platforms.
Your order will be delivered to the delivery address you specify when placing your order. We cannot be held responsible if that delivery address is incorrect or incomplete.
Products comprised within the same order cannot be delivered to different addresses.
We aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours, or 48 hours during sale periods. Delivery times appearing on the site are estimates and are to be used as a guide only and commence from the date of dispatch. In any event, we will deliver the goods to you within 30 days of the day on which we accept your order. Ralph & Russo is not responsible for any delays caused by destination customs clearance processes.
If delivery is delayed by any event outside of our control, we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to cancel your order and we will give you a refund for any goods you have paid for but not received.
If you order Product(s) for international delivery, they may be opened and inspected by customs authorities and may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order. In the event that you return an item, the import duties will be refunded if they were originally included in the purchase price. If they were not included then you will be responsible for reclaiming duty directly from your local customs office. Similarly if you are located outside of the EU you will be required to pay additional taxes and duties on exchange items where they were not included within the original price paid.
Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Product(s) are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
As we fulfil some of our orders from the Ralph & Russo boutique to allow for quicker delivery times, we shall be entitled to supply the Products in instalments and each instalment shall be deemed to constitute a separate contract with us, and we shall be entitled to supply only part of an order.
Current Excluded Shipping Territories
We don’t currently ship to the below territories
- American Samoa
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- CONGO, The Democratic Republic Of
- French Southern Territories
- Heard and McDonald Islands
- Korea, The Democratic Republic Of
- Norfolk Island
- Panama Canal Zone
- South Sudan
- St Eustatius
- St. Barthelemy
- St. Maarten
- St. Pierre and Miquelon
- State of Palestine
- Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
- U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
- Wallis and Futuna Islands
Risk and ownership
The Product(s) ordered will be at your risk from the time of delivery or collection (as the case may be). Ownership of the Product(s) ordered will also pass to you on delivery or collection (as the case may be), provided full payment of all sums due in respect of the Product(s), including any delivery charges, has been received.
Price and payment
Prices include VAT for some economic zones but not for others. Similarly, prices exclude delivery costs, which will be automatically added (at the cost shown) to the total amount due when you view the items in your shopping basket, and have selected your chosen different delivery method.
Please note that in some countries additional duties may be payable to your local tax authorities on receipt of your delivery. In some instances, you will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes (Please see below for further details on this). Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order. Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
Customers purchasing from a country / shipping to a country that is served as DDP will not incur additional import duty and tax. These costs are included in the final purchase price. Territories that fall under our DDP shipment options are listed below:
- Guernsey, C.I.
- Spain (inc Canary Islands)
- Isle of man
- New Zealand
- Czech Republic
- United Arab Emirates
- Puerto Rico
- United Kingdom
- Korea, Republic of
- United States
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
Customers purchasing from a country served as DDU (all countries not listed above) will be charged for the items purchased and shipping costs only. Import duty or tax costs will be invoiced to you directly from our Couriers or an import broker appointed by you. We recommend you contact your local customs authority to determine a landed cost price prior to purchase completion.
Our website will use your IP address and shipping location in order to determine which currency the prices are presented in. Prices shown on the Site can be AUD; EUR; GBP; HKD; and USD. For those customers with payment methods not denominated in these currencies, our website is set up to allocate one of the above currencies.
Customers may be charged and will if so be responsible for import duty or tax costs. These costs will be invoiced to you directly from our Couriers or an import broker appointed by you. We recommend you contact your local customs authority to determine a landed cost price prior to purchase completion.
Prices and delivery costs are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
The Site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on the Site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge you the lower amount. If a Product's correct price is higher than the price stated on the Platforms, we will, at our discretion, contact you and ask you whether you wish to proceed with the order at the correct price or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. We will not be obliged to supply Products at an incorrect price. If we have taken an advance payment in circumstances where pricing information is incorrect, we shall endeavour to refund the payment taken as soon as possible if the product has not been shipped.
Payment for all orders must be made by credit or debit card on the checkout page, alternatively you can call our Customer Service Team who will be willing to take payment over the phone. We accept payment by most major credit and debit cards.
- American Express
- Diners Discover
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Amazon Pay
You confirm that the credit/debit card or payment method that is being used is yours and that all details you provide to us in respect thereof including, without limitation, name and address details are complete, correct and accurate. You further confirm that the credit/debit card is valid and the inputted payment details are correct. All credit/debit cardholders and payment account holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer or payment method provider. If the issuer of your card or payment method refuses to authorise payment we will not accept your order and we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery and we are not obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal.
As we are an international company based in the UK, any transactions placed outside of the UK may appear as international. Depending on your payment method, you may be subject to a bank fee and as this is a bank charge we regret we are unable to influence this.Please note that these fees are non refundable by Ralph & Russo.If your credit/debit card or payment method is not denominated in the currency of your purchase indicated on the Platforms, the final price may be charged in the currency of your card or account. Such final price is calculated and charged by your card issuer or bank or payment method provider and therefore we shall not be responsible for any cost, expense, charge or other liability which may be incurred or suffered by you as a result of your card issuer or payment method provider charging you in a different currency other than the currency of your purchase as displayed on the Platforms.
You will be charged for products at the point and time of purchasing on the platform.
Credit Card Details
Ralph & Russo offers you the ability to save your card details during the checkout making it quicker and simpler to shop with us. Your full card details will never be displayed, except for the last four digits so that you know which of your cards you are using. You can delete your card details by deleting your cards from ‘My Account’. All details are kept secure in our system using Tokenisation.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discovery. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
While we provide our pricing guidelines, which we at Ralph & Russo will follow business wide, we are not responsible for the prices third parties may decide on. We are therefore unable to price match any retailer.
Promotion codes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Furthermore, they cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion code or offers, and must be redeemed by the date published, if provided. The conditions of use relating to any discount code will be related at the time of issue. promotional codes are issued with different conditions of usage and this will be communicated to you in writing at the time of issue.
From time to time we may run promotions where we issue discount codes. These can be used in part-payment of the price of Product(s) ordered online, subject to the terms and conditions under which they were issued (as indicated in our relevant promotion from which you got the code). Discount codes can only be used once, and only during the period of validity stated and only in respect of the relevant Product(s) stated. Discount codes cannot be redeemed for cash.
You agree that we may use Personal Information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti fraud checks. Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to a fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information.
Security and Protection
We take reasonable care to make our Site secure. All credit/debit card transactions on this site are processed by Shopify who provide a secure online payment gateway that encrypts your card details in a secure host environment. If you are a registered Ralph & Russo user, we will securely store your credit/debit card details on our systems. These details will be fully encrypted and only used to process card transactions which you have initiated.
To help ensure that your shopping experience is safe, simple, and secure, Ralph & Russo uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Furthermore, we take reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Site.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Returned Products must conform to our returns policy below.
You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the products while they are in your possession, and you must return them in the same condition in which you receive them (except to the extent reasonably necessary to examine them). This includes the following guidelines:
- Products should be returned unworn (other than to try them on), unwashed, undamaged and unused with their original tags (footwear should be tried on, on carpet);
- footwear and accessories should be returned in the original boxes provided and inside a protective shipping box;
- if the Product comes with a security and/or disclaimer tags, and/or protective layers (sole of shoes) then these should be left on;
- hosiery should only be returned if it is unopened and is in its original package; and
- lingerie and swimwear must only be tried on over your own lingerie garments.
- Products should be returned including all the packaging elements that were present when the item was delivered, this includes but is not exhaustive to: authenticity cards, dust bags, garment bags, leather tags, spare heel tips etc
If you fail to comply with the above obligations (including the conditions of return), we may deduct from the refund an amount to reflect the diminished value of the Product(s) up to the full price of the Product(s). Please note, that the removal of security tags will be taken as evidence of use of a product by you and the product cannot be returned in these circumstances.
You cannot cancel a contract for the supply of any of the following Products:
- any Products that have been personalised or made to your own bespoke specifications unless such Products were damaged or faulty when delivered to you or have been incorrectly delivered (see Returns and refunds for customised Products below for more information);
- earrings of any type including costume or fine jewellery (see Returns and refunds of jewellery below for more information); and
- any garments or cosmetics Products that have had a hygiene label or seal removed or broken.
All returns should be requested before you send your items back to us to allow for easy identification and prompt processing. Unidentified returns will be returned to the sender.
Returns and refunds for customised Products
Due to the nature of personalised and monogrammed Products, returns, changes or cancellations are at our discretion. In exercising this discretion, the degree and level of customisation and personalisation and also reserve the right to offer a store credit rather than a monetary refund. Store credit is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. This does not affect your statutory rights. Please note, that personalised and/or customised Products may have a long lead time before shipping, but payment will be taken at the time of or shortly after you submit your order and in advance of shipping.
Returns and refunds for jewellery
We operate a special returns policy for certain jewellery Products due to their value and nature. Any jewellery Products with a value of £1000 or more must be returned to us within 7 days of delivery, and should be returned in its original packaging in the same condition in which you receive them. Please note that it may take longer than normal to process refunds for such jewellery Products due to their nature, as we assess any diminished value whilst within your care.
We recommend that you return Products in their original packaging to ensure the necessary protection when in transit. Instructions for the return of the Product(s) will be included with the delivery package. When cancelling a purchase and returning Products to us you have two options available to you:
- Depending on where you live, exercise your right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (CCRs). If you choose this option you will be refunded the full price for the Product(s) (subject to our Returns Policy) and the cost of standard delivery but will be liable for the organisation and cost of returning the Product(s) to us.
- Use our Free Returns service. If you choose this option you can return the Products(s) for free and will be refunded the full price for the Product(s) (subject to our Returns Policy) but not the delivery charges.
We describe these two options in more detail below.
(i) Your cancellation right under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (CCRs)
Except in relation to certain types of Products (as set out above), you may cancel a contract at any time before your order is delivered and up to 14 days afterwards, beginning on the day after you received the Products ("cooling-off period")
To cancel a Contract, you must clearly inform us, preferably:
- by email at email@example.com by telephone on +4420 3962 2325 ,giving us your name, address and order reference; or
- by completing and returning the cancellation form [insert link] and sending it to the address set out in the form.
If you cancel an order (or part of an order) during the cooling off period, you must return the Product(s) within 14 days after the day on which you notify us of the cancellation and comply with the Returns Policy.
If you cancel a Contract between us within the 14 day cooling-off period (see above), we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case within 14 days after the day on which we receive the Product(s) back or (ii) if earlier, the day on which we receive evidence that you have returned the Product(s) to our returns address.
We will refund the price of the Product(s) in full (subject to any deduction we are entitled to make due to your use of or damage to the Product(s)), including the cost of standard delivery.
However, we will not refund your cost of returning the Product(s) to us, and you are responsible for those costs.. We should note that the refund will be issued to the original card used for payment. This can not be changed.
Where you have paid any duties or taxes directly to the relevant authorities on the importation of the Product you wish to return, Ralph & Russo shall have no liability in relation to any claim for a refund of such duties or taxes from the authorities or whether or not such a refund is possible.
(ii) Free Returns Pick Up
We offer a free collection service to all customers for Product(s) you wish to return except in relation to certain types of Products as set out in the Returns Policy. You have 14 days from receiving your order to return the Product to us. We strongly recommend that you initiate your free returns pick-up within 7 days of receiving your order to ensure that it arrives back in time. Please note that we can only collect returns from the same country to which your order was delivered.
To initiate a free returns pick-up please follow the below steps
- contact our Client Care Specialists by e-mailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org calling us on +4420 3962 2325, or in our Contact Us form.
- Provide them with the order number that contains the item you wish to return
- Our Client Care Specialists would be happy to guide through the returns process
When we have created the return, we will e-mail you with your Returns Authorisation confirmation of your collection time and address, a booking reference number and returns documents
When you receive the documents from our Client Care Tea, print out the Air Waybill (AWB) and attach it to the outside of the parcel. There will also be a copy to give to the courier. Please save a copy of the AWB for your records. You can use this to track your return shipment. If you have been provided with a returns invoice for customs, please enclose one inside the package and attach a signed copy on the outside with the AWB.
Do not seal your package until the driver has checked the contents.
Please note that you have 30 days to contact us upon the pickup of your return to ensure that we have acknowledged it and received the Product. If you contact us after this 30 days period, we cannot guarantee a refund.
Return to Boutique
Clients in the US are able to return products back to our New York and Miami boutique when they are open to the public. Please note, products cannot be returned to Harrods, London Maison, Paris Maison, Doha, Monte Carlo or Dubai.
Should an item be received by you in a damaged state or without tags, we ask you to contact us immediately. We strongly recommend that products are checked thoroughly before they are tried on or any tags or packaging are disposed of.
If any Product you order is damaged or faulty when delivered to you or has developed a fault, you may have one or more legal remedies available to you, depending on when you make us aware of the problem, in accordance with your legal rights. If you believe a Product was delivered damaged or faulty or has developed a fault, you should inform us as soon as possible, preferably in writing, giving your name, address, order reference and including images of the specific damage on the product. Nothing in this section affects your legal rights.
Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to depict Products as accurately as possible through the photographs and other images featured on the Site, the detailing (such as colour, pattern and texture, etc.) you see on-screen will depend on your monitor and, as such, may not exactly reflect the actual detailing of a Product when you receive it.
Any information on the Site regarding sizing of Products is included as a guide only. If you are in any doubt as to the size of any Product you require, we recommend that you contact us prior to placing an order.
What you are not allowed to do
Except to the extent expressly set out in these terms and conditions, you are not allowed to:
- 'scrape' content or store content of the Site on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by systematically downloading and storing all of the content of the Site;
- remove or change any content of the Site or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the Site or the servers on which it is hosted; or
- create links to the Site from any other website, without our prior written consent, although you may link from a website that is operated by you provided the link is not misleading or deceptive and fairly indicates its destination, you do not imply that we endorse you, your website, or any products or services you offer, you link to (and do not frame or replicate) the home page of the Site, and the linked website does not contain any content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent, offensive or which infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party.
- You may not use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools; framing techniques to enclose the trademarks, logos and other proprietary images, text layouts an formats which we use on the website; meta tags or any other hidden text which uses our name or trademarks
- The bulk buying of our items in order to resell via other retailing platforms, or channels not ran by Ralph & Russo directly, or our authorised partner.
- If clients are to be found doing so, we will stop them from being able to purchase online and any accounts linked to this practice will be suspended.
- If there are clients looking to sell our products and become a partner of Ralph & Russo then they can contact our wholesale / franchisee department to discuss potential partnerships.
You must only use the Site and anything available from the Site for lawful purposes (complying with all applicable laws and regulations), in a responsible manner, and not in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our affiliates.
All rights granted to you under these terms and conditions will terminate immediately in the event that you are in breach of any of them.
Intellectual property rights
Content included on the Site may be accessed by you for your own internal non commercial use only. You may not copy, perform, publish, modify, transfer, create derivative works from, commercially exploit or otherwise use in whole or part any content, software products or services obtained from this site.
You may not delete or alter, in part or in whole, any copyright, trademark intellectual property or other legal notices from any part of this Site.
All copyright and intellectual property rights in any content of the Site (including but not limited to’ text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks, logos, data compilations, icons, audio clips, sounds, music and software and code) are owned by, Ralph & Russo. Except as expressly set out here, nothing in these terms and conditions gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading content from the Site. In the event you print off, copy or store pages from the Site (only as permitted by these terms and conditions), you must ensure that any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original content are reproduced.
Any reproduction or redistribution of the above listed Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. Without limiting the foregoing, copying and use of the above listed materials to any other server, location or support for publication, reproduction or distribution is expressly prohibited. However, you are permitted to make one copy for the purposes of viewing Content for your own personal use.
"Content" is defined as any graphics, photographs, including all image rights, sounds, music, video, audio or text on this Site.
We may change the format and content of the Site from time to time. You agree that your use of the Site is on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis and at your sole risk.
Whilst we try to make sure that all information contained on the Site (other than any user-generated content) is correct, it is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed. You should check with us or the relevant information source before acting on any such information.
We make or give no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, correctness, reliability, integrity, quality, fitness for purpose or originality of any content of the Site and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all implied warranties, conditions or other terms of any kind are hereby excluded and we accept no liability for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of you or anyone else using the Site or relying on any of its content.
It is not our intention to publish any content that can cause any offence. However, should you find something that causes concern we are willing to listen to your concerns. Please reach out to us at email@example.com
We cannot and do not guarantee that any content of the Site will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of content.
The Site may, from time to time, include links to external sites, which may include links to third party offers and promotions. We include these to provide you with access to information, products or services that you may find useful or interesting. Ralph & Russo has no control over the content of Linked Platforms nor are we responsible for the content of these sites or for anything provided by them and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. The fact that we include links to such external sites does not imply any endorsement of or association with their operators or promoters.
Unless authorised in writing by Ralph & Russo, Ralph & Russo expressly prohibits linking of any part of this Site to or from any other Sites (including so called “deep linking”).
Ralph & Russo will not be responsible for any offence, damage or loss caused by or connected to the use or reliance on such Linked Platforms or the content thereon.
Ralph & Russo will not take any responsibility for any commercial transactions processed on external sites, nor do we take responsibility for any data that is processed and used by the owner of the external link.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude our liability to you:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- for fraudulent misrepresentation;
- for breach of any term implied by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and which, by law, may not be limited or excluded
- under Part I of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- for any other liability that, by law, may not be limited or excluded.
Subject to this, in no event shall we be liable to you for any business losses and any liability we do have for losses you suffer arising from any Contract shall not exceed the purchase price of the relevant Product(s) and is strictly limited to losses that were reasonably foreseeable. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under any Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
Nothing in this agreement is intended to affect your rights under the law.
You may not transfer or assign any or all of your rights or obligations under any Contract.
All notices given by you to us must be given in writing to the address set out at the end of these terms and conditions. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when placing an order.
If we fail to enforce any of our rights, that does not result in a waiver of that right.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable, all other provisions shall remain unaffected.
These terms and conditions may not be varied except with our express written consent.
These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract. We are required by law to advise you that Contracts may be concluded in the English language only and that no public filing requirements apply.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and you agree that any dispute between you and us regarding them or any Contract will only be dealt with by the English courts, provided that, if you live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there.
Each provision of these Terms shall be construed independently of each other. If any provision is deemed invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severable form and not affect the enforceability of any of the other provisions of these terms.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and all transactions relating to the Sires are governed by English law and you, and we hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. This does not affect your legal rights as a consumer in the country in which you are location.
Ralph & Russo Employees ordering products from the Platforms, and who are entitled to staff discount, agree that they have read and adhere to the terms and conditions of the Ralph & Russo Global staff discount policy. Employees with any questions about this discount policy please contact your HR department.
These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede any previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us, relating to the subject matter of any contract.
We each acknowledge that, in agreeing to these Terms, (and the documents referred to in it), neither of us relies on any statement, representation, assurance or warranty ("REPRESENTATIONS") of any person (whether a party to that contract or not) other than as expressly set out in these Terms.
Each of us agrees that the only rights and remedies available to us arising out of or in connection with a Representation shall be for breach of contract as provided in these Terms.
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using the Platforms, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on the Platforms. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This Section 13 does not affect your statutory rights.
Notices Waiver Contracts
If we fail, at any time during the term of our contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the contract or any of these Terms, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled pursuant to the Terms, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
Additional Terms from third party providers
The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 are expressly excluded from these Terms such that no third party may claim any rights under these Terms.
No Commercial Use
This Site is for your personal non-commercial use only. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, commercially exploit, create derivative works from, transfer, data mine or sell any Content, software, products, or services contained within this Site. You may not use this Site, or any of its Content, to further any commercial purpose, including any advertising or advertising revenue generation activity on your own Site.
You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of this Site and for all of your communication and activity on and pursuant to this Site. If we determine that you are or have been engaged in prohibited activities, were not respectful of other users, or otherwise violated the TOS, we may deny you access to this Site on a temporary or permanent basis.
You acknowledge and agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Ralph & Russo as a result of the Terms of Sale or your use of this Site. You agree that you may not and will not hold yourself out as a representative, agent, or employee of Ralph & Russo, and we shall not be liable for any representation, act, or omission on your part.
Dispute Resolution, Complaints and Governing Law
If you have a complaint about us please email firstname.lastname@example.org giving full details including date of purchase and order reference number where applicable and your full name and address and contact details. The TOS together with all our policies and procedures will be governed by and construed in accordance to the English law and the relevant courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
We seek to make the website as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties using the website, please contact us at email@example.com
Please submit any questions you have about these terms and conditions or an order you have placed or ordering in general by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by telephone on +4420 3962 2325 between the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday; or write to us at: FAO: Digital Team, Ralph & Russo: 40 Park Street, Mayfair, London, W1K 2JG; or by submitting an enquiry on our Contact Us page.
Here at Ralph & Russo (“We”), the protection of your data and your privacy is central to our customer experience; we see this as a fundamental and integral pillar of the luxury retail experience and to have a trusting and intimate relationship with each of our clients – online and off-line. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and appreciate that you do not want the personal information that you entrust us with, to be distributed indiscriminately. For this reason, we want to be clear with you, the client, in relation to what data we collect; how we collect your data; how that data is used; and the ways you can manage the way we collect and use your personal data.
The steps taken to ensure that we are respecting the above are outlined in this policy. We would encourage you to read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
You must be at least 16 years old to use the Site and Applications. If you are under 16 or a minor in your country or state of residence, please ask your parent or legal guardian to provide their information for you.
The Ralph & Russo website is owned by Ralph & Russo Ventures Limited.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016, we (Ralph & Russo Ventures Limited) are the data controller, and Shopify’s Irish Affiliate, Shopify International Ltd, acts as our data processor. The data controller is responsible for ensuring that your data is held securely, that you are given accurate information about how your data is used, and that your rights regarding your data are respected.
Ralph & Russo, along with Shopify will ensure that all information protection and customer legislation standards are met when handing any of your personal information.
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulations, (GDPR), apply from 25 May 2018, creating consistent data protection rules across Europe. It applies to companies that are based in the EU and global companies that process personal data about individuals who are based in the EU. At Ralph & Russo, we shall ensure that we do not just observe the requirements of the GDPR for those users based in the EU, but that we adopt the GDPR principles of transparency, control and accountability for all our users across the globe.
The GDPR gives our Users certain rights when using our Services, which include the right to:
- be informed
- withdraw consent
- restrict processing
- data portability
- Process data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collect data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes (mostly to provide services to you)
- Never sell or pass your data onto anyone else
- Ensure your data is processed and stored securely and is kept up-to-date
- Have access to the data stored on you
- Be able to correct any inaccuracies in the data
- Be able to erase your data and restrict its processing where it doesn't conflict with obligations to regulatory bodies, e.g. HMRC
- Know that as technology changes we will constantly review and update our processes to
- ensure we're always protecting your data
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
Under the law we must have a legitimate reason for using your personal data. We may not collect, store or use data about you where there isn’t a legitimate reason for doing so. We have broken this into 3 sections:
- Necessary for the performance of a contract
- Legitimate Interest
- Information delivered to us with your consent
Processing your personal data
Performance of a contract
Ralph & Russo or one of our third party partners will collect and use a variety of different information about you to ensure that we can continue to provide you with the luxury retail experience and fulfil the services agreed to complete our obligations to you and any obligations to any regulatory bodies.
Most of the data we collect form you is necessary to allow us to fulfil our contract with you or to enter into a contract with you, for example, when you make a purchase we need you to provide us with your billing, shipping and contact details when you make a purchase on ralphandrusso.com which allows us to process your payment, send you an order confirmation and then dispatch your purchased item(s).
The processing of your personal data by Ralph & Russo or a third party may be undertaken if we have a legitimate interest to do so. In our case this includes:
- where we have a legitimate interest to use your data, provided that proper care is taken in relation to your rights and interests
- For the purposes of providing our customers with information about our services and other relevant marketing material as well as to monitor usage in order to improve those services from time to time.
- Ensuring that any data is stored and transferred securely and in a way that protects against the unlawful use, destruction or loss of your personal data.
- Sharing your personal information as part of a business sale, re-organisation or similar transaction.
- We use data to ensure that the content of our website is presented to you and your device as effectively as possible
- To ensure that our marketing communications are relevant to your interests If this is our reason for using your data, we must make sure that our interests do not override yours and that you are entitled to object to this use of your data
Where we process your personal data by relying on your consent to do so, we shall ensure that such consent is:
- freely given by you i.e. when you submit a ‘Contact Us’ form on our website.
- specific with regards to what processing we wish to undertake so that you are fully informed;
- unambiguous and given by a clear affirmative action.
Please refer to the privacy policies of the social media platforms for information about how they collect and use your personal information.
What information could we collect?
Information provided by you:
This is the information that you give to us, examples include:
- Filling in any forms on the website i.e. enquiry forms, call back requests, request an appointment; contact us
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, live chat, entering one of our boutiques or any other direct customer touch point links
- My account registrations
- Marketing subscriptions
- Checkout information (giving us your shipping and billing details)
- Information you provide to our Customer Relation Managers when visiting our retail destinations.
Information we collect about you
We also collect data regarding each of your visits to our websites and to our boutiques. We will automatically collect the following information;
- Technical information about your visit which may include*
- The internet Protocol (IP Address)
- Browser Type
- Version of Browser
- Device Used (mobile, tablet etc)
- Version of Device (model of mobile or tablet)
- Operating System Landing Page Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
- Click stream through and from our website (including date and time)
- Dwell time
- Number of pages visited
- Page interaction information (scrolling, clicks and mouse overs)
- Page response times
- Download errors
- Methods used to browse away from the page
- Geographical Location (city and country)
- Time Zone Setting
- Information you submit during your visit:
- Any name, e-mail address, or phone numbers used to contact us
- Details outlined in any online form submission i.e. enquiry forms, call back requests, request an appointment; contact us Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the site or in our boutiques for research purposes [should you choose to respond to / participate]
- When you make a purchase online or in our retail boutiques, we will collect necessary information about you to ensure we can fulfil your order or chosen service for example your billing and shipping address
- When visiting our retail boutiques CCTV is in operation and this information is recorded and stored for a given amount of time.
- When you call our Client Care team, your call will be recorded for training and fraud prevention purposes. These recordings are held for 12 months, at which point they are deleted.
- We may from time to time offer services and referral programmes and other such initiatives (for example, ‘Send a Hint’) that invite you to provide us with the contact details of someone who is known to you and may find our products or services to be of interest. We will only use those contact details for the purpose of the relevant initiative (never for general marketing purposes). In these instances it is your responsibility to ensure that you have the referees permission. By submitting their details, you confirm that you have their permission and must not provide us with the details of anyone from whom you do not have such permissions. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has made the referral in the message that is sent to them.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
How do we use the personal data / information that we may collect?
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- When you make a purchase from ralphandrusso.com we ask you for the personal data necessary to allow us to carry out the obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us (i.e. processing an order). This includes taking payment, any related anti-fraud checks if you choose to pay by credit / debit card, billing, shipping and delivery of the product and possible handling of return. Using this information allows us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- When you register to ralphandrusso.com we will collect the data necessary to ensure that we can recognise you on return visits and provide you with the services that Ralph & Russo have to offer our registered users (such as Wish List, Waiting List, and access to additional areas of ralphandrusso.com)
- To remind you of products you have placed in your basket on the Website, but have not purchased
- When you visit ralphandrusso.com we will aggregate and use your anonymised data regarding your user journey and use of the website to help us improve the website and our promotion of the website. This will include data about your location; language used to browse the site; how you came to our website; the date and time of your visit; number of visits; products you viewed / searched for / and added to basket; page response time; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; pages interaction data (such as scrolls, clicks, mouse overs) and methods used to browse away from the page
- If you have purchased from ralphandrusso.com, we will aggregate and anonymise this data in order to profile, analyse and build an understanding of the clients who purchase with us; what they buy; size ranges bought into; shipping location; and gain a general understanding of the interests and preference of our key customer audiences. This allows us to deliver and consistently improve our product range, and range of services available to our clients
- We will aggregate and anonymise all of the data that has been submitted via all of the contact touch points on our website to analyse and understand our clients needs and develop any services that may be required
- When you register to receive our marketing communications (such as our newsletter) we will use the information pertinent to your subscription requests in order to deliver this service. Should you wish to stop receiving these communications, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link on the bottom of your e-mail, or by contacting our Client Care team, or by altering your marketing preferences in your My Account space
- If you are an existing customer, to contact you via electronic means (e-mail or SMS), with information about goods and services similar those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiation of a sale with you
- to communicate with you including to notify you about legal and regulatory body obligations and any changes that may be applicable to you
- We analyse contact data, purchase history, web browsing data and other behavioural data collated through programmes such as Google Analytics and Social Media Platforms to tailor our marketing communications, web site presentation and internet advertising to meet your preferences
- To offer an enhanced customer experience and service, including by ensuring we personalise the Site and Application and (if applicable) Ralph & Russo’s updates relating to products, services and events to make them more relevant to our customers’ specific preferences
- When you contact our Client Care team, we will use the personal data you provide and that we have collected to respond to your requests for help, information or processing a telephone order
- When you contact our Client Care team, your telephone conversation will be recorded for training purposes
- When you call our Client Care team, your voice may be recorded over the phone and stored for 12 months
- When you make a purchase in one of our retail boutiques and you request for specific alterations to be made, or for your item to be shipped to a specific location, we will ask you for the personal data necessary to allow us to fulfil the execution of these services
- For your safety and for the prevention and detection of crime, we have CCTV in operation in our retail spaces. Please be aware that if we are requested to provide CCTV images of you or any other personal information relating to you by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities, we are obliged to do so
- To analyse the footfall in Ralph & Russo boutiques and at Ralph & Russo promotions or events for internal reporting purposes and to ensure adequate and appropriate product and resources
- Our retail experience is by nature a very personal experience. For us to deliver the best possible customer experience in our retail boutiques you may be required to share additional personal information about yourself with our Client Relation Managers. This is so that we can tailor your shopping experience to provide you with recommendations, sketches, mannequins, products, services that may be relevant to your requests and preferences. We understand that as part of this process, you may share some very intimate and sensitive information about your personal measurements, circumstances, events, festivals, family, holidays etc that are important to you. Ralph & Russo will always ensure that we have your consent to use this sensitive information as part of our client facing relationship
- The level and content of the information that you provide to our Client Relation Managers and the communications that you receive as part of the Ralph & Russo retail / Private Client experience is always set and agreed to by you. You can discuss these arrangements and change them at any time by speaking to your dedicated Client Relation Manager. Please note, that at this time any personal arrangements are not part of the Ralph & Russo general marketing communications and cannot be managed through your online My Account
- From time to time, Ralph & Russo may decide to run a competition, prize draw, offers, give-away, offers and hold events. When you participate in competition, prize draw, offer give-away, offers or attend an event hosted by Ralph & Russo, either through Ralph & Russo or indirectly through one of our third-party partners, we will collect information about you. This information will be used to administer our competitions, prize draws, offers, give away, and manage our events. This includes managing your registration and selecting and contacting prize winners. It also means that your safety is accounted for during our events. If you provide the personal information of another customer for one of our events, we will assume you have the consent of any named individuals to provide their personal information for these purposes. Full details explaining the conditions of any competitions, prize draws, offers, give-aways, offers events we are holding will be clearly linked on our website, registration form, or documentation pertaining to each individual event – it is important that you read this documentation before registering or attending an event. Your information will be deleted shortly after the promotion or event has finished, unless you have signed up to receive marketing communications from us
Who will process your data?
The Ralph & Russo online boutique is hosted by Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. In relation to any personal data (as defined in the GDPR), and where a client is located in the European Economic Area, any Personal Data will be processed by Shopify’s Irish Affiliate, Shopify International Ltd behalf of Ralph & Russo. From time to time, Shopify may use sub processors to process any Personal Data. Shopify’s use of any specific Sub-processor to process any Personal Data will be in compliance with Data Protection Legislation and will be governed by a contract between Shopify and the sub-processor.
Taking into account the state of the art technologies, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing as well as the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons, Ralph & Russo agrees that Shopify’s implementation of the following technical and organisational measures ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of the processing. Shopify shall implement and maintain the following technical and organisational security safeguards for the Processing of Personal Data:
- Physical Access Control: Data Processor shall take reasonable measures to prevent physical access by unauthorised persons to facilities where Personal Data is processed. Safeguards implemented at data processing facilities may include security personnel, alarm systems, access control systems, and video/CCTV surveillance
- System Access Control: Data Processor shall take reasonable measures to prevent unauthorised access to systems processing Personal Data. Safeguards implemented may include multi-factor authentication, change management processes, and system-level logging
- Data Access Control: Data Processor shall take reasonable measures to allow for Personal Data to be accessed and/or managed by authorised personnel only and protect against Personal Data being read, modified, or removed without authorisation. Any personnel who has access to Personal Data will be subject to confidentiality obligations that restrict their ability to disclose any Personal Data
- Data Transmission Control: Data Processor shall take reasonable measures to prevent the disclosure of Personal Data during transmission. Safeguards implemented may include encryption
- Data Availability Control: Data Processor shall take reasonable measures to protect against accidental destruction or loss of Personal Data. Safeguards implemented may include regular backups of critical data, restoration testing of data backups, replication of data backups across multiple sites, and disaster recovery plans
- Data Segregation Control: Data Processor shall take reasonable measures to segregate Customer data on a per Customer basis. Safeguards implemented may include application-level controls for logical separation of data
Under some circumstances we may be required to disclose or share your data without your consent, for example if we are required by the police, the courts or for other legal reasons. Your data may be transmitted to the police, judicial and administrative authorities, in accordance with the law, for the investigation and prosecution of crimes, the prevention of and protection from threats to public security, to allow Ralph & Russo Ltd to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court, as well as for other reasons related to the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.
How long do we keep your data?
Ralph & Russo will not retain your personal data for longer than is deemed necessary to fulfil the purpose for which you provided that personal data, unless the law permits or requires that we retain it for longer. Although it is not possible for us to always specify in advance how long this may be for.
We may have to continue to store and process your data and contact you directly relating to the completion of that service if it is necessary for our compliance with certain legal obligations.
The retention period varies depending on the purpose and the jurisdiction of the business entity in which a contract is formed. For example, the data collected during your purchase of goods on ralphandrusso.com are retained in accordance with local tax laws (7 years in the UK), whilst the data retained to allow us to continue our marketing communications are retained until you unsubscribe.
When you give us your consent to send you marketing communications, you can withdraw your consent at any time. We will consider your consent to be current for five years from your last interaction with any email that we send you.
When we use personal data for market research and satisfaction surveys, we will keep the data until you ask us to stop.
When you contact our Client Care team, we will keep any additional personal data you provide that is specific to your inquiry for as long as you remain an active customer of ralphandrusso.com.
When you contact our Client Care team,, we will keep the call recording for 12 months. Credit card details are not recorded as part of the call.
When you visit our retail locations, we reserve the right to use CCTV for your safety and for the prevention and detection of crime. Our CCTV service is handled by a third party partner. CCTV recordings are help up to 6 months.
How do we store and protect your data?
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with all Ralph & Russo clients. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers and we use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
All payment details that you provide to us will be encrypted using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology before they are submitted to us over the internet.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Our technical and internal security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA") including the US and Canada. From time to time personal data may be transferred, viewed and processed outside of the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers outside of the EEA. The US and other non-EEA countries do not have similar data protection laws to the EEA, and you should be aware in particular that the law and practice in the United States in respect of law enforcement authority access to data is significantly different from Europe.
Where we transfer your information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected and that any such transfers will be completed in compliance with the relevant Data Protection legislation.
By submitting information via the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
Whilst Ralph & Russo will do the best to protect your personal data, it is unfortunate that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. It is for this reason that we can not guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website or via e-mail (we strongly advise you not to send any payment details via e-mail); any transmission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify's Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Who do we disclose your information to?
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Service providers (for example, IT services), business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you (such as, but not limited to, Website operations, payment services, shipments, fraud investigations, bill collection, and affiliate and rewards programs)
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website
- credit reference agencies for assessing your credit score (for the purposes of credit risk reduction) where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you. The agencies will record details of any search. This information may be used by other subscribers for similar purposes. At all times where we disclose your information for the purposes of credit risk reduction and fraud prevention we will take all steps reasonably necessary to help ensure that it remains secure
- any financial reference agencies for assessing suitability where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you
- We will disclose your personal information to third parties such as our couriers
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- We may share your information with other companies and organisations for identity verification and fraud protection purposes to the extent permitted by applicable laws
- Public Forums: The Site may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or unsubscribing with immediate effect at the bottom of our marketing emails.
Under the law you have the right to ask Ralph & Russo:
- What personal data of yours we are processing, where that data came from and how we are using that data
- To update, correct or supplement the data we hold about you
- Stop using your data until any corrections have been verified and corrected
- Withdraw consent for processing for a specified purpose
- To delete or erase your data from our systems
- Limit or oppose our processing of your data
- To, where technically possible to supply the personal data we hold about you in an easy readable electronic format, or transfer that data direct to a third party nominated by you
- give you a description of it
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who it could be shared with
- tell you how long we will keep the data
- if the data was not provided by you, we will give you any available information such as the source of the data
- tell you if the data has been used for automated decision making
- tell you if the data is stored outside of the European Economic Area, and if so what safeguards are in place to protect your personal data
- let you have a concise and clear copy of the data
- what data we’ll need to continue to hold
- how we will process it
- the instances we will need to contact you
- why we need to do so, e.g. to complete your tax return, comply with a request or law from HMRC
- when we can delete your data
If you believe that the processing of your personal data has been carried out unlawfully, you can file a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for compliance with the rules on personal data protection in your jurisdiction. In the UK, the complaint should be presented to the Information Commissioner's Office (https://ico.org.uk/).
If you ask us to stop processing your personal information in a certain way or erase your personal information, and this type of processing or information is needed to facilitate your use of the Website or is required to enable us to provide you with a service (such as to manage your online account), you may not be able to use the Website or the service as you did before.
The rights mentioned above do not extend to non-personal data.
How can you protect your children?
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction.
If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under the age of 16 or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will delete such information from our records.
External Links features on our website
Cookies allow you to use essential features of our site such as storing your product selections to your shopping bag whilst you continue to shop and/or navigate to different pages of the site and accessing secure areas of the site.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of information that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer when you visit a website, if you agree. Cookies do not contain information that identifies the individual. Instead, a cookie allows for the linking of your computer to the information provided by you on the website/ contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive which allows us to recognise your device. Cookies are circulated by servers and no one may gain access to information contained therein. The information stored in cookies is gathered directly and automatically by the Website and is processed in an aggregate and anonymous manner.
Different types of cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies allow you to use essential features of our site. If we did not use these cookies, you will be unable to use our site to its full potential. These cookies allow for the following:
- Keeping track of what you have in your shopping bag as you navigate around the site.
- Remembering you when you return to our site.
- Enabling you to navigate to different pages of the site during your browsing session.
- Accessing secure areas of the site, including payment
- Providing you with improved site functionality by allowing access to additional services such as our 'click to call' and 'click to chat' services
- Enabling us to remember what form information you have entered if you move forward or backwards when signing up or checking out.
- Remembering your preferred language the site is displayed in
- These cookies collect information about how you use our site, so that we can elevate your user experience and improve the quality of our site and service. All information collected is anonymous and we will not share this information with third parties. For example, these cookies allow us to:
- Provide statistics on how our site is used, such as browser usage and number of visitors
- See how effective our adverts are by identifying where you click and which website you arrived from.
- Provide feedback to our selected third-party partners that one of our visitors also visited their website (including details of any products you bought)
- Help us improve the site by measuring any errors which occur during your browsing experience
Functional Cookies (FINISH)
- These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Marketing / Targeting Cookies
- You will have noticed that when visiting other websites that you are shown adverts for products and services you may wish to buy. It is marketing / targeting cookies that enable this to be more personalised towards your needs. The marketing / advertising cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit, and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to allow us to offer you a customised browsing experience by providing you with interest-based services / content both on this site and on some other websites too. These cookies allow Ralph & Russo and its third parties to:
- Inform you of Ralph & Russo products and services which may be of interest to you
- Link to social networks such as Facebook
- Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit to our site so that they can present you with adverts for Ralph & Russo products and services which may be of interest to you
- control how often you are shown a particular advert on those websites, so you do not see the same advert too frequently.
- help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
- Present more relevant information to you.
- We do not collect any personal data within these cookies.
Social Media Cookies
- These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the Site on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
We use the following cookies:
Cookie name Scope and purpose Cookie type Duration Source and origin of the cookie Registered information Cases in which it is used Access to information csi Cookie used to store client session identifier, used for pixels, to identify a specific client machine independent of session Transient or session cookies 15 days Ralph & Russo Session identifier In case of login by the user Ralph & Russo ss Cookie used to store de hashed user authentication token Transient or session cookies 3 hours Ralph & Russo Session identifier The entire website Ralph & Russo dfUserSub Cookie used to save the current session subfolder the user is navigating on Persistent cookies 1 year Ralph & Russo Site subfolder information Maria Anders Ralph & Russo
Managing your cookie preferences
Some of the cookies used by our site are served by us, and some are served by third parties (including, for example, advertising networks and providers of external services like web traffic analysis services) who are delivering services on our behalf. These cookies are likely to be analytical/performance cookies or targeting cookies, but we have no control over their usage.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after the session expires. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
You can click here (http://www.allaboutcookies.org/) to find further information about cookies and how to manage all cookies by changing your web browser settings. If you want to know more about how cookies work and how to manage or delete them, visit the World Wide Web Consortium's website, www.youronlinechoices.com, or www.AboutCookies.org.
Please note that for third party cookies, opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
We are continually striving to develop improved ways of managing your cookie preferences. As new technologies and solutions emerge, this cookies policy may be updated to reflect any such advances in technology and preference management tools.
Having trouble finding the answer to your question?
If you have any queries or if we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us using any means preferable to you from the options below. Our Client Care Specialists will be delighted to assist you with your enquiries. They are available between 09:30 and 17:30 (GMT) Monday to Friday.